Friday, August 21, 2020

Starting my Journey

Although, I guess this really should be called Sharing my Journey. I started feeling a call to faith a few years ago, but because of my childhood and stubborness, I really fought it off and ignored it as best I could. Sometime recently, I decided to just give in to The Word and see what happened. I started with the purchasing of a few bibles to rebind for some family memembers, and why not one for myself as well. And since I had a bible, I might as well read it. So I did. I read the bible, cover to cover in just a few months. To say that I'm obsessed now is a bit of an understatement. I spend my time praying in my head and thinking theological questions. I consume faith based education and entertainment in every medium I can get my hands on. My bible collection has grown to an almost ludicris degree, as I spend my time flipping between translations and seeing what the differences are as I write in my journaling bible or just take notes. Though I was baptised as a baby in the Catholic church and though my mother-in-law is a devout Catholic, I myself am not. What am I, you ask? That's what I'm here to find out.

2 comments:

  1. As children we do what our parents or relatives do, until we make the decision to step out on faith to obtain the knowledge and understanding we are really seeking from God. Someone told me we can't walk our parents walk in Christ we have to walk our own walk in Christ. This is just the start. Continue this awesome journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! I definitely will! I'm so excited to be here in God's light! It's so incredible and I don't know how I missed it for so long!

      Delete

Book Review: Pearl in the Sand - Tessa Afshar

Thanks to NetGalley , I was able to get my hands on the anniversary edition of Pearl in the Sand , which while I never read the original, I ...