I have to admit that right now, my favorite book of the bible is Job. There is just something about that book that has always stuck with me.
I keep having this idea that Job is just like, "Yeah, God, I'm basically a tadpole; I don't understand what all you do, my bad.
But I have to admit, living it out a little bit is not so awesome.
Have I lost everything? No. But it feels like it's getting there.
Is my story unique? Especially now with this pandemic, I understand that a lot of people are struggling with money but I'm pretty sure both of our cars being broken down and not being able to physically get to work today ensured that I just lost my job. Not sure what I'm gonna do about that.
I have loan payments and bills I need to worry about- And I know that God will provide, but that's a lot of stress.
I have a skin condition, that I think we finally got diagnosed after a second biopsy, so now we are just waiting to see if the meds are going to work. It looks a little like yes and a little like no, so time will tell.
We are still trying to figure out what medicine will work for another medical condition and I'm waiting on results for two more conditions. So, there's that.
And I know that God will provide, I know that I'm a tadpole, but... it's hard to remember that sometimes when I'm looking down the barrel of potential unemployment.
On the other hand, I've been emailing with the preacher at the church that I 'went' to on Sunday, and that's been nice! I don't really have anyone to talk to in my life about me finding faith so that's been so nice and welcoming.
I've also got a visit planned with a friend for the weekend, which is nice- I haven't seen her in over five years- But there's Covid risk. And while she has been quarantined, we've been working and I would hate to unknowingly get her sick.
And there's church coming up on Sunday, which is something I'm really looking forward too.
So I am just trying to remember that I am a tadpole.
No comments:
Post a Comment