Started my first book bible study today.
Personally, I've made a game out of the SOAP method in one of my journaling Bibles; I open to a random page, read it in its entirety, pick the verse of scripture that stood out to me the most, copy it and write my observations, applications in my life, and then a little prayer about it; then I date it and flip to another random page. This method stops me from utilizing only my favorite book (Job) for study at the moment. (Though I am doing a thorough DOI style study of Job at the moment in my other journaling Bible.)
I picked up five bible studies at Moody publisher's half off sale, and I asked T to pick one out for me to start with as I just couldn't choose.
She chose I am Found by Laura Dingman found here.
After just the introduction and one day, I can say that I'm pretty thoroughly enjoying it. I like the structure that it gives, I like that if I don't have too much time to devote to my topical study or verse mapping that I can still spend some time in the word of the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment