A few things came to mind.
1.) That's a lot of music right at the begining! I'm not used to so much singing! I'm used to attending Catholic Mass.
2.) There isn't a lot of call and response, which again I am quite used to.
3.) It's going to take me a while to stop calling it "mass" and not service/s.
As for the service itself...
It almost seemed tailored to me. Right now, because I'm so early in my journey (or that's my excuse, anyway), I really struggle with how to pray 'correctly.' That's what the pastor spoke on today. It just felt so right!
He also mentioned meditation and buddhism specifically, which felt a close to home as my wife, T, is buddhist! (Incidentally, T also "came" with me to service, and she had the same OoLaLa face at something so close to us being mentioned.)
I can't explain how nice it was to be a part of this, even from the distance of attending from my home. It just felt... right.
I am going to incorporate what he spoke on, starting today!
I feel lighter now, like another thing has just *clicked* into place. It's a wonderful feeling.
Overall, am I sure this is the church for me? No. Might I try on a few more? Yes, can't be too sure about something like this. Do I plan on attending here again? Absolutely.
No comments:
Post a Comment