Thanks to a wonderful 2-for-1 sale on Audible.com, I was informed of a wonderful series of classes called The Great Courses.
In this I found a number of classes on the bible in various ways. I figured the best place to start was, well, at the beginning. So I chose "Understanding the Old Testament." by Professor Robert D. Miller II.
How do I count the ways! Professor Miller was so entertaining as well as educational. I absolutely adored everything about this course. He delves into the bible as a book of literature, which I have no problem with. He dives deep into what the original language meant and how certain things mean so much more than we think they mean.
It's amazing and so eye-opening.
There is so much to unpack in this almost 12 hour series of lectures- I have already started listening to it again.
As a bonus, if you do get the course through Audible, you also get an almost 200 page PDF that goes along with his lectures that match up per lesson and incorporate reading suggestions and questions to invoke even more thought. Perfect five star.
No comments:
Post a Comment